chyp: conquering chronic pain
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
AUGUST: PhotoVoice Study
Email email@example.com for more information!
In light of recent events following the COVID-19 outbreak, we are doing everything we can to provide additional resources for youth with chronic pain. As many of us are isolated and stressed, we can use this time to increase our social supports online. chyp is providing a weekly Zoom group video chat (called chypCHAT) for youth with chronic pain and their parents to feel connected to others facing similar challenges.
- Youth chypCHAT Zoom: Tuesdays from 4:30-6:30 (PDT).
- Parent/Caregiver chypCHAT Zoom: every other Saturday from 9:30-10:30 (PDT).
- We are also having special chypCHAT workshops on the weekends (see below for more details).
Although this group video chat will be moderated by an adult, this service should not be treated as a therapeutic intervention or medical treatment. We encourage all participants to consult with their own doctors and clinicians. Exposure to everything through chyp is purely supportive and educational and any clinical questions should be processed with a professional. This group video chat is solely an opportunity to feel connected to peers during this challenging time.
If you know a teen, young adult, parent, or caregiver who is interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a good time to show kindness, flexibility, and patience to everyone as we navigate these uncharted waters. Here at chyp we are going to do everything that we can to support youth and families with chronic pain through this difficult time.
- Creative Healing Workshops are paused for July so the chyp team and community can focus on camp!
- Workshops will resume in August – thank you for your patience!