Your pain is real, and there are ways to help.
It may feel like chronic pain is overflowing into the things you like to do – even into your identity itself. With support from peers and helpful creative strategies, you can make that flow slower and feel less overwhelming.
We know chronic pain can impact every part of your life:
- Whatever else makes you uniquely you!
CHYP’s Youth Programs
- Youth CHYPchat: Monthly open Zoom meetings for youth (13-24), providing discussion and community with other peers in similar circumstances. This occurs on the last Tuesday of the month from 5-6pm PT.
- Youth Creating Bonds: Small groups are offered for teens to meet weekly for a 6-week, evidence-based program that incorporates self-help principles, pain science, and peer support. Each Creating Bonds group is limited to 8 participants to encourage thoughtful discussion and a tight-knit community. This is a 6-week program.
- Rainbow CHYPs: a offers a safe environment for gay, lesbian, bisexual, nonbinary, agender, and questioning individuals -- whether they are openly out or not -- to find a community and to share their creativity, writing, art, music, dance, theater, etc. We are a community with a very significant voice and empower others to heal and/or find community by unleashing their creative outlets.
- Creative Healing Workshops: Monthly artist-facilitated activities providing support and creative opportunities.
- CHYP Summer Camp: Three week-long virtual experience for teens, featuring artistic workshops, CHYPchat community time, and connection with other teens going through similar experiences.