For many young people with chronic pain, the worst part isn’t even the pain itself – It is the isolation… feeling alone in their experience… rarely have they met another teen going through what they are going through. Social support is critical. CHYP introduces these teens to each other so they can experience social support from a peer perspective.
- Youth CHYPchat: Monthly open Zoom meetings for youth (13-25), providing discussion and community with other peers in similar circumstances. This occurs on the last Tuesday of the month from
- Rainbow CHYP: Social support, education, advocacy for LGBTQ+ youth
- Youth Creating Bonds: Small groups are offered for teens to meet weekly for peer support, and each group is limited to 8 participants to encourage thoughtful discussion. This is a 6-week program.
- Youth Portal: An online platform for youth to connect with other peers through messages of support and collaboration.
- Parent CHYPchat: Monthly open Zoom meetings for parents of youth with chronic pain, providing discussion and community with other parents facing similar challenges.
- Parent Creating Bonds: Small groups are offered for parents to meet weekly for peer support, and each group is limited to 8 participants to encourage thoughtful discussion. This is an 8-week program.
- Parent Portal: An online platform for parents to connect with other parents through messages of support.
With so much information out there, how do you even know where to start?
- Educational Webinar Series: Interactive Q&A webinars with experts on topics related to chronic pain from childhood to young adulthood. Past webinars are available on CHYP’s YouTube channel.
- Parenting Blog: Weekly distributed information on a variety of educational topics from professionals.
- Resource Library: A library of resources is available with materials to assist with creative healing.