Join the waitlist for the next Cohort of Creative Healing for Parents with
Dr. Samantha Levy by completing the registration form below.
Rules of Engagement for 2023 CHYP Creating Bonds Program
CHYP is providing an evidence-based, 8-week Creating Bonds program consisting of weekly Zoom video sessions for a small group of parents who have children or young adults with chronic pain. Board-certified pain psychologist Samantha Levy, PhD, leads the Creating Bonds series.
Please remember that everyone’s pain journey, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment are different. What works for you may not work for others, and vice versa. This is not meant to be a therapeutic intervention or medical treatment; no medical or specific clinical advice is meant to be distributed.
Be respectful, responsible, and appropriate with your use. This is a judgment and intolerance-free space.
a. DO NOT: Bully, harass, disrespect, exploit, bash, troll, or be rude, offensive, cruel, or graphic.
b. Refrain from content (e.g. language, pictures, or jokes) that is inappropriate, foul, abusive, or suggestive.
c. This organization and online community does not have any religious or political affiliation (all are welcome!). Out of respect for differing beliefs that can trigger others, please refrain from those types of comments/content.
d. Try to stay on-topic and relevant.
e. Treat others the way you want to be treated. If your comment/response is not positive or supportive, think twice about posting, or speaking. This is a frustrating time for everyone. While venting is part of the process, we want to encourage positivity and support.
- Be respectful, responsible, and appropriate with your use. This is a judgment and intolerance-free space.
- What happens in group, stays in group! Please be respectful of other group members’ private information.
- Although there will be an adult moderating the discussion, this is not meant to be a therapeutic intervention or medical treatment. This is solely an opportunity to feel connected to peers during this challenging time.
- No selling, soliciting, promoting, advertising, spamming, or fundraising for profit.
- This is a vulnerable population. We understand that chronic pain is linked to mental health (like depression and anxiety). However, self-harm/suicidal comments or threatening comments (to self or to others) will not be acceptable topics of discussion and the individual/comments may be removed. This community is not an emergency service. If you feel like you or someone else is in danger, please call “911.”
- If you have a concern or question about what you or others are discussing, please feel free to reach out to the CHYP team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about any content you encounter through CHYP, please consult with your own doctors and clinicians. Exposure to everything through CHYP is purely educational and should be processed with a professional. Information provided through this service is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical or psychological advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content available through CHYP is for general purposes only.